Do we learn or seek education just to get jobs or is there any other motive or objective behind the whole process of education ? In my view education makes one more capable to live his/her life. Education makes things simple to live and the struggle for survival becomes a journey one can enjoy. Education opens you up to the frontiers of the word wherein you can know the best things happening around you and explore new meaning of life.
As a result of this massive change the role played by talent or Human Resources in every industry also quietly changed. Earlier corporates could afford to hire people for prolonged training and they could also afford to wait patiently till the newly recruited resource learns the art or tricks of the trade and becomes completely productive.
The time is shrinking !!
Before I use to wait for my snail mail to reach the recipient and he writes his reply and the same reaches me now I cant afford to do that now I demand quick revert :) Before I use wait for the book to get delivered in a week so that I can read the same but now I have kindle which gives me instant gratification. This is the age of instant things and therefore industry is also expecting to to get human resources well groomed and ready for at least basic things so that they don't have to waste time unlearning the crap they may have gathered along the way.
- All the stakeholders involved must understand that only academic scores are not going to be helpful to secure a good job and therefore meaningful efforts needs to be made to learn newer things while the students are at the campuses.
- We always confuse between means and aim. Annual Social, Picnics, Cultural Festivals, various seminars are organised to polish various skills and provide an environment to practice these skills if this purpose is not being served you need to reinvent the meaning of all these activities on your campuses and restructure these events.
- Every student must choose his choice of business domain (Such as BFSI, Retail, Hospitality, Retail etc) and functional role (Such as HR, Production, Sales & Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Analytics and Research etc.) he would want to play and start reading lots of useful information about the same available on internet. The more you read the more content you will get to think about and this will structure the context of your career path. The more information you gain you would develop an urge to collaborate, speak out, discuss, debate and this will give birth to your own thought process (Which is highly sought in the Job Market)
- Lot of practice ground should be made available to the students to constantly practice the skills they are learning in the process. The more they practice the more they can become efficient in delivering the skills which will help them to build their competencies and stand out in the crowd of the job market.
- One needs to stay constantly aware, inquisitive and thirsty for knowledge these days and passionate about what they really want to achieve in life.